Thursday, March 5, 2009

#7: Elevator Riders Who Don't Push Their Own Button

I could post thousands of entries about breaches in elevator etiquette, but there's one particular faux pas that's really pissing me off today: people who march in to the elevator and just expect someone else to push the button for them. This is especially annoying when the person is on a cell phone and dressed in bigshot clothing. For those a-holes, I almost expect a tip from them when they leave, because clearly I am being treated as their subordinate, a nothing, a nobody. (The tip would probably be a $1 bill, though, because, while their shoes are Jimmy Choos and cost $1,000, they are cheap when it comes to rewarding people who provide services for them.)

Here's a tip for everyone reading (which, I'll be the first to admit, is probably nobody): push your own goddamn button when you get into the elevator, and if someone does push it for you, remove your stupid-ass Bluetooth from your head long enough to make eye contact with the person who just did you a favor, and say "Thank you".

Jerk.

2 comments:

  1. As an infrequent user of elevators, I'll ask what might be a silly question: Why don't you just not push the button for them? Or are you going to the same floor, and you end up always being the one who has to push the button if you want to get there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could do that, I guess, but then I'd end up feeling like the rude one. I think that as a frequent elevator rider (home AND work...ugh), things like this just grate on me after awhile, you know? Maybe I'll give that not pushing the button thing a try, though. As therapy. Bitchy therapy. Haha.

    ReplyDelete